The BIRC is pleased to announce the second annual BIRC Excellence Award, which highlights the achievements of a student, staff, faculty member, lab, or group who has made exceptional contributions towards advancing the goals of the BIRC as outlined in the Mission Statement:
- To facilitate scientific discovery and theoretical and methodological innovation
- To serve as an intellectual center for interdisciplinary basic and clinical research
- To prepare graduate students and post-doctoral fellows for careers in academia and related fields
- To provide undergraduate students with research experience and other educational opportunities
- To disseminate scientific knowledge to the broader university community, relevant professional communities, and the general public
- The BIRC Excellence Award is awarded on an annual basis at the end of each Fall semester. Awardees are selected by BIRC staff and confirmed by the BIRC steering committee.
Congratulations to our 2021 BIRC Excellence Award Recipient, Brianna Kinnie, B.S.! Brianna is a project coordinator supervised by Professor Fumiko Hoeft. Brianna coordinated recruitment and research activities for two R01 projects, contributed to undergraduate training, and provided coverage as a Technologist Assistant for clinical scanning, a significant source of revenue for BIRC.