UConn’s Institute for Collaboration on Health, Intervention, and Policy (InCHIP) and the UConn Brain Imaging Research Center (BIRC) are co-sponsoring a seed grant funding opportunity for faculty at UConn Storrs, UConn Health, and the regional campuses. This grant is designed to fund an innovative pilot project that will directly support an external grant application in health behavior or health policy with a substantial neuroimaging component. Health is broadly defined and includes physical and mental health and outcomes with critical implications for health. The funded pilot project must involve neuroimaging- related research that includes MRI, TMS, tDCS/tACS, and/or EEG usage at BIRC.
One seed grant of $30,000 is available through this seed grant competition. Funding in the amount of $15,000 (half of the seed grant) will be provided in the form of a limited number of allocated hours on MRI, EEG, and/or TMS equipment at BIRC. The remaining $15,000 may be used to fund other research costs associated with the pilot project.
This funding is intended to enable investigators to demonstrate feasibility, develop scientific and technical expertise, establish collaborations, and, secondarily, publish in peer-reviewed journals.
One of the goals of this funding mechanism is to encourage incorporation of BIRC’s neuroimaging services into the pilot project. Therefore, at least one of the Principle Investigators on the seed grant application must be new to BIRC and not have previously utilized BIRC’s neuroimaging services.
Investigators with experience in neuroimaging methods, as well as those with little or no experience may apply for this grant, but those with limited experience must include a collaborative plan for how they will acquire such experience.
An external grant application should be submitted through InCHIP within one year of completing the pilot project.
- Friday, February 15, 2019 FOA posted
- Monday, April 8, 2019 12-12:45pm optional webinar (email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve)
- Friday, April 26, 2019 Letters of Intent (required) due by 11:59 PM EST
- Friday, May 3, 2019 Applicants notified of LOI approval decision
- Friday, May 17, 2019 InCHIP Affiliate Application due by 11:59 PM EST
- Friday, May 31, 2019 Full Proposals due by 11:59 PM EST
- June 2019 Applicants notified of award decision
- July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2021 Award period