Please refer to COVID-19 Guidance for BIRC Users for the most recent information.
BIRC COVID-19 protocols have been updated and simplified to align with University-wide guidance for Fall 2021. All individuals are required to follow campus guidelines at BIRC, including wearing a mask indoors and, if unvaccinated, maintaining 6 feet of distance from others when indoors. Researchers are encouraged to review the updated COVID-19 online EHS training.
While at BIRC, please observe the following procedures in addition to campus guidelines:
- Disinfect touch surfaces after use.
- Participants must continue to change into scrubs for MRI procedures.
- Health screening: You must perform on yourself and your research participants 24H before arrival and upon arrival. Please bring your own form.
- All individuals must properly wear face masks inside BIRC. Participants may remove their mask while inside the MRI. Researchers are responsible for providing face masks for themselves and participants.
Key changes from prior BIRC policy include:
- Labs are no longer required to maintain COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Researchers may now interact with masked participants without the use of gowns, face shields, or gloves.
- Room capacity limits have been removed. For their own protection, unvaccinated individuals are requested to maintain 6 feet social distancing space from others.
- The BIRC conference room may be reserved for meetings held in accordance with campus guidelines. All rooms and resources must be reserved prior to use.
- The BIRC conference room may also be reserved for distanced indoor eating when necessary. If you will be eating in the conference room, minimize eating/drinking time and reserve an additional one hour beyond the occupancy period.
- Please have participants enter BIRC using our main entrance. The employee entrance may still be used for participants on weekends. It is not necessary to sign in/out.